No products in the cart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
WHY DO I NEED A COLOUR ALLERGY TEST? I’VE HAD COLOUR BEFORE…
Your health and wellbeing is a priority. Some people already have or can develop an allergic reaction to hair colour products which can result in hospitalisation.
This precautionary measure helps ensure that we can safely apply colour to your hair without risk of a reaction.
HOW DO YOU PRICE YOUR SERVICES?
We have a tiered price system where you pay for the level of Stylist that you see. A Stylist’s level is determined by their experience, skill, and popularity.
We understand that our guests have unique challenges and aspirations, and we believe our personalised approach is a fair, simple and transparent way of pricing our services.
It also empowers our stylists to be creative by removing the restrictions set by the conventional ‘one size fits all’ approach.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
Find out more information on our opening hours please refer back to booking page
Free Parking Up 2 hours, Tesco 288 High St, Ponders End, Enfield EN3 4DP
Free Parking ,350 High St,Enfield EN3 4DE
Pay Parking, 291 High St, Enfield EN3 4DN
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
At BK, we have carefully chosen to work with kerastase and Wella who are world leaders in producing the highest quality hair and beauty products using ethically sourced ingredients.
Please read through our simple aftercare and maintenance advice very carefully.
Banish that grey hair
Grey hair comes to us all sooner or later as our follicles stop producing melanin, our hair’s natural pigment. Deciding if, and when, you want to cover your grey hair is never easy.
For me there are two approaches to covering grey hair:
- The low maintenance option is best for those with a smattering of grey hair. We brighten your hair with highlights and blend in the grey for a more youthful barely sun-kissed look. It’s finely done so as it grows out, you’re not going to get any major demarcations or root lines.
- The high maintenanceway is to ask your colourist for a full cover-up if the amount of grey is starting to bother you. We take great care to ensure the base hair colour and tone are right for your skin and eyes. I think the best way to do this is by keeping the colour quite natural. Perhaps a couple of shades lighter than your original hair colour and then add a sprinkling of highlights. You will need regular root touch-ups which means regular BK visits, but you’ll look and feel a million dollars.
Professional tricks to keep your colour looking vibrant for longer
You wouldn’t use any old face wash so give your hair the same consideration. Always use a colour-protecting shampoo and conditioner as they’re specifically formulated to reduce fade and dryness. I like Kérastase Reflection Bain Chromatique Sulfate Free Shampoo/Conditioner please feel free to discuss with us in the salon products we would recommend.
Thinking about colouring your hair? Why not book a complimentary consultation with one of Beauty Kulture’s Hairdressing’s colour specialists?
Beauty Kulture hair extensions, Brazilian premium range aftercare and advice
Please read through our simple aftercare and maintenance advice very carefully.
Your hair extensions will require regular maintenance visits to keep them looking healthy and nourished. Providing that each step is followed correctly your hair will last its full lifetime (up to 12 Months) without any problems and will continue to look heavenly. Remember this is human hair, so you will need to look after it just like you would with your own hair.
For keratin bonds to fully set and work the way they’re designed to, we recommend that you do not wash your hair within the first 2-3 days after having them fitted. Allowing the bonds to set properly will ensure the maximum lifespan of the extensions.
We recommend the use of a Macadamia Mask 3 times a week to help maintain your heavenly hair extensions. This will leave the hair looking and feeling soft and shiny.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Wash and condition your hair extensions with Beauty Works Pearl Nourishing Argan Shampoo and Conditioner – let the conditioner sit and soak into your hair extensions before rinsing
- When conditioning, avoid putting the product on the root area and thoroughly rinse to avoid build-up
- Lock in moisture and ensure your hair extensions are truly nourished by applying a small amount of the Beauty Works Argan Serum to dry or wet hair
- Keep hair protected from heated appliances by using the Beauty Works Heat Protection Spray on both dry or wet hair extensions
- Nourish and revitalise dry hair extensions with the Beauty Works Pearl Nourishing Argan Oil Mask
- To restore shine and softness, gently comb through wet hair focusing on mid-lengths and the ends – do this as often as needed
Please ensure that your natural hair is washed prior to fitting. This is to remove any residue, including product build-up and oil etc, Your hair must be free from any kind of conditioner, styling product or natural oils. Your hair must be fully dried before installation. This will provide a clean surface to allow the bonds to adhere correctly and prevent them from sliding and becoming loose.
After your hair extensions have been fitted we recommend using only products that are suitable/specially made for hair extensions, which should be sulphate free. Good aftercare products will also condition your hair and your hair extensions, leaving them naturally silky, shiny and soft.
One of the first things you may notice immediately after having your hair extensions installed is your scalp may feel tender or sore. Please Don’t panic, this is normal and should subside within a couple of days. You have extra weight attached to your head and this should not be perceived as a problem, therefore you have no need to worry. However, if the tenderness or soreness persists, or you endure any other issues, you should contact the stylist who installed them to check, as this may be the result of the bonds being fitted too tightly.
Your natural hair will grow by approximately 1.5-2 inches within three months. If your bonds have not been separated correctly once installed, your hair roots may start to tangle together. This is not healthy for your hair or your scalp if this issue is ignored. Please refer to the Brushing section with help to prevent this.
We recommend that you keep your hair extensions in for up to three months at a time, leaving a two-week gap between installations. This will allow time for your natural hair and scalp to rest, which is important.
We do not recommend the use of shampoos and conditioners containing sulphates and parabens. These chemicals are found in a number of well-known branded hair products and can cause hair to dry, split, shed or discolour and cause bonds to deteriorate. Always lookout for the following ingredients on the back of the bottle before purchasing:
Paraben Preservatives (Methyl, Propyl, Butyl, and Ethyl)
DEA, Cocamide DEA and Lauramide DEA
Siloxanes (Cyclomethicone and ingredients ending in “Siloxane” (e.g., Cyclotetrasiloxane)
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
Many factors including products on the market can cause hair to shed which are out of our control. Heavenly hair extensions are not liable for shedding. Beauty Kulture Hair Extensions is not liable for bonds which become soft and have not set properly.
We do not recommend any additional colour application, as this may cause damage to your hair. If you choose to do so, the colour should be applied by a professional and carried out on test strands first, to achieve the desired results. This will be done at your own discretion and risk.
Heavenly Hair Extensions will not accept any liability for damage to hair extensions due to colouring. This also includes the use of pigment toners (silver shampoos can be damaging also)
- It is important to only use a hair extension brush on or near the extensions. This is to prevent the hair from snagging. Hair extension brushes are specifically designed to flow through the bonds. The use of round barrel brushes, brushes with ball tips, wooden bristle brushes and any other similar products may rip hair from the bonds and cause unnecessary damage.
- When hair is fully dry, gently brush through thoroughly in a downward direction.
- Please make sure bonds are held when brushing to prevent excess tugging and to prevent forcible removal of the bonds.
- It is perfectly normal to lose strands of hair when brushing, so don’t panic. Holding sections of the hair, starting with the bottom section and gently brushing the sections, in turn, working your way up to the section nearest the root, and then brushing through the whole of the hair carefully, will help prevent this.
- Do not brush between the scalp and the bonds.
- On a regular basis, gently separate the bonds with your fingers to help prevent matting and tangling.
- Gently brushing your hair thoroughly at least once or twice a day will prevent knotting and matting.
- We advise you not to over-brush your hair, as this may result in damage to strands and unnecessary wear and tear.
- When your hair is wet it is at its most fragile state. Only use a wide-tooth comb lightly on the extensions to separate the strands.
- After you have towel-dried your hair, brush very gently in a downward direction, using a wide-tooth comb to remove any excess knotting.
- We recommend that you do not wash your hair within the first 2-3 days after having your hair extensions applied. This is to allow any bonding agents to fully harden. At night, tie hair up in a loose ponytail or plait.
- Prior to washing, detangle hair from ends to roots.
- You should only wash your hair extensions 2-3 times a week with a mild shampoo in warm water. Over-washing could lead to dryness and unnecessary wear and tear to bonds.
- Smooth shampoo down the hair extensions as tangling may occur if rubbed in multiple directions.
- Make sure you wash in amongst the bonds, avoiding the bonds themselves.
- Conditioner should only be applied from mid-length to the ends of your hair extensions. Never apply conditioner to the bonds.
- Wash the hair in an upright position using warm water only.
- When washing your hair, do not tip your head over the bath as this could cause tangling.
- If you have two or more colours in your hair (especially dark and light), we recommend care is taken when washing for the first time to ensure colours do not mix with one another. On rare occasions, certain products may cause colours to run. Heavenly hair Extensions will not be liable for colours which run into one another due to colour mixing.
- Hair colours will naturally fade over time. Bright colours may fade more quickly depending on the aftercare techniques and products used on the hair. Heavenly hair extensions will not be held liable for discolouration or fading of any kind after the product leaves our warehouses.
- Heat is your biggest enemy, only blow-dry hair on a cool setting. Using a hot setting may result in the bonding agents softening and loosening over a period of time.
- Dry hair using a blotting motion and squeeze the hair in a towel to remove excess moisture. Do not rub or roll the hair dry in a towel.
- Blow-dry section by section, gently using a wide-tooth comb.
Styling & Finishing
- Straightening irons, tongs, crimpers and heated rollers can be used on your hair extensions.
- We advise that you use a good quality heat defence spray to protect your hair and hair extension hair at all times when working with heat.
- You must keep any heat away from the bonding agents at all times, as this may cause them to melt.
- Hairsprays, serums and gels may be used on your hair extensions. Please make sure you avoid all bonded areas, as this may result in slippage.
- It is recommended that you tie your hair in a loose ponytail or plait before sleeping. This is to prevent unnecessary tangling.
- You should never go to bed with wet hair.
Exercise, Lifestyle & Holidays
- We do not recommend that you swim when wearing hair extensions. Seawater and chlorinated water may cause hair extensions to dry, matt, discolour, knot and can weaken the bonding agents.
- If you do choose to swim, we recommend that you place hair extensions into a braid using a covered band. Immediately after swimming, rinse hair with fresh water thoroughly to wash out any chemicals that may lead to damage. This will be done at your own risk. Heavenly Hair Extensions will not be held responsible for damage caused by seawater and chlorinated water.
- If you use a sunbed, it is advisable to wrap or cover hair extensions first. UV lighting may weaken bonding agents, discolour, or dry the hair out.
- Be sure to use a good quality UV protection spray when your hair extensions are exposed to prolonged sunlight. If you choose to wear hair extensions abroad in a hot climate, your hair may become dry. Keep hair well-nourished and hydrated and be sure to protect the hair from UV rays. High levels of Ferrum Components found in tap or shower water abroad may also cause damage to hair.
- If you regularly use a sauna or steam room make sure bonds are completely dried as soon as possible after use.
- Leaving bonding agents in a constantly damp condition may cause damage and decrease their life span.
- Heavenly Hair Extensions will not be held responsible for discolouration of any sort while wearing hair extensions.
- Hair discolouration is a common problem with all types of bleached coloured human hair. Many factors can cause this including high levels of Ferrum Components found in tap water, high levels of UV rays, Chlorine, sea water and other factors. This is not a manufacturing fault and it can be prevented. There is a heightened risk of discolouration when wearing your hair abroad and washing your hair with water containing high levels of Ferrum Components in the UK and mainly abroad. If you’re a trained professional we would strongly advise to produce a disclaimer for your customers to sign prior to installing bleached hair products, warning them of the risks and making them aware hair discolouration can occur. It is important to read the information from the link below in red in order to help prevent this when wearing your hair abroad.
- We strongly recommend that you read this information carefully regarding hair discolouration.
- Please ensure a professional removes your hair extensions with the correct tools and solution to prevent damage to your natural hair.
It is the responsibility of the hair extensionist /salon to ensure customers receive the correct aftercare and maintenance advice when purchasing Our products.
Now that’s out of the way, we hope this will help you to understand the importance of maintaining your hair extensions and to keep them looking naturally beautiful.
Our hair is continually tested to ensure quality is kept and our commitment to maintain good quality hair can be seen in every product we supply. We invest a lot of time in providing excellent customer service, as we believe this is of utmost importance. we value all of our customers and will always continue to do so.
For more information or advice feel free to contact a member of the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BOOKING
Here are some guidelines to make sure that you and others enjoy the best possible experience when visiting Beauty Kulture.
- All new guests must have an initial style consultation and allergy test at least 24 hours before they are able to book a colour service.
- In order to maintain a calm and relaxing atmosphere, we have a policy of no Children under 5 in the salon.
- We respectfully ask that you arrive promptly for your appointment to avoid changes/ shortening of your service.
- Due to limited seating, we kindly request that guests do not bring friends, relatives or children in to wait for them whilst having their hair service.
most common questions
- DO YOU OFFER FREE HAIR ADVICE?
- WHY DO I NEED A COLOUR ALLERGY TEST? I’VE HAD COLOUR BEFORE…
- HOW DO YOU PRICE YOUR SERVICES?
- WHY DO I NEED A CONSULTATION IN ORDER TO BOOK A COLOUR SERVICE?
- HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I HAVE TO BOOK?
- WHY DON’T YOU ALLOW CHILDREN UNDER 5 ?
- WHY CAN’T MY FRIENDS/FAMILY WAIT FOR ME IN THE SALON?
- WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT?
- WHAT’S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- WHAT HAPPEN’S IF I’M LATE FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
- WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
- WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
- WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE MY HAIR?
- DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
- DO YOU OFFER A FRINGE SHAPE/ TRIM SERVICE?
- DO YOU HAVE PARKING?
- DO YOU HAVE A LOYATY CARD?
- WHAT CREDIT/ DEBIT CARDS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- MY ORDER STATUS SAYS ‘PROCESSING’.
- I HAVE ADDED A PRODUCT TO MY SHOPPING CART, BUT IT SAYS PRE-ORDER IN THE DESCRIPTION, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- I HAVE ORDERED A PRODUCT FROM THE WEBSITE; HOW LONG WILL MY DELIVERY TAKE?